Mafia Lifestyle > Ten Commandments
Recently, in 2007 Italian police arrested the alleged boss of the Sicilian Mafia, a man named Salvatore Lo Piccolo during a raid. During the investigation they uncovered a list of ten commandments that serve as the foundation of the mafia.
1) No one can present himself directly to another of our friends. There must be a third person to do it.
2) Never look at the wives of friends.
3) Never be seen with cops.
4) Don’t go to pubs and clubs.
5) Always being available for Cosa Nostra is a duty – even if your wife’s about to give birth.
6) Appointments must absolutely be respected.
7) Wives must be treated with respect.
8) When asked for any information, the answer must be the truth.
9) Money cannot be appropriated if it belongs to others or to other families.
10) People who can’t be part of Cosa Nostra: anyone who has a close relative in the police, anyone with a two-timing relative in the family, anyone who behaves badly and doesn’t hold to moral values.